Life, Here we are.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

routine, killing me



I dont remember where that image is from, I just know I liked it. I get a quick break from the tedious job i'm doing today. Basically I've been searching a database for names that usually aren't there. Names that usually differ from the name before it by a single letter; For example, William johnson, Willie Johnson, Will Johnson, Wayne Johnson Wayman Johnson and so on.... When I dont find them I put a zero down on a spreadsheet. Yup... that's it, for 8 hours.

I could be in California by now or well on my way to somewhere else more exciting. I think about that a lot when I sit at work doing nothing. I think about how far I could have driven in the time i've been chained to this desk. Hours wasted, miles lost. Everybody's working for the weekend right? Except my husband who doesn't even get those anymore. Fourth of July is this weekend. I'm usually in Utah viewing the great "stadium of fire" from afar. It will be missed along with the snacks, people, and weather that coincide with it. Hopefully i'll get to see and/or set off some fireworks of my own this year. I've had a bundle waiting in my trunk since new years. Every time I load or unload groceries there is a little spark of excitement in my heart (pun intended) thinking about setting them off. And the pyro in me smiles. Does anyone have anything exciting going on for the holiday? I'm excited about it, I like getting into holidays no matter how corny, made up, or ridiculous some of them may be.

The only reason I got to take this quick sanity break was beacuse there was something wrong with the database I was working out of. I'm catching word that it is fixed now and the torture must go on. Two more hours until sweet freedom will once again be mine.

Yesterday.
I fell asleep at 8:30 p.m. Woke up at 1:00 a.m. shared a musical, lucid moment with my husband to the tune of ray lamontagne, Woke up at 6:00 a.m. for work and realized I had slept the entire evening away. Kind of depressing, kind of refreshing. 2 day headache is gone, body and mind are rested.

Today. Sleep normal hours.

Tomorrow. Hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment