Life, Here we are.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul

Taylor got the final piece to his recording studio in the mail yesterday, a power cord. I am so excited to hear all of the new music he will make because I know it will blow me away. While he was in his room setting up his recording equipment (we have 2 extra bedrooms in our house, one for Taylor's recording and one for me to do what I want with) I sat in the other spare room that is now filled with boxes full of random pieces of wood, paper scraps, glues, scissors, and stamps...the beginnings of future projects hopefully. As I sat there I tried to imagine what it would become. I want it to be my sanctuary. A place I go to learn about myself and my talents, something i've never really explored before. I got used to telling myself I don't have anything that i'm REALLY good at. I truly believe that's because i've never really tried. I worried too much as a child and didn't have time to focus on the things that mattered. Now that I don't have to worry, I give up too easily. I have good ideas and in the past few months especially I have proven to myself (in little ways) that I can create things and I am good at it. There is nothing better than the pride I feel after creating a piece of art, a decoration, or even a blog post. Writing here makes me feel proud. I have a good eye for composition and design and i'm going to start using it.



A goal- this weekend I want to take my camera out and take some photos of something, of anything, of everything. I'm excited about it. Taylor has been working saturdays so that will work out perfectly. Explore what this state has to offer through the lens of my camera. I would like to get my computer in better shape so that I can install photo shop and practice my photo editing as well. The ultimate goal is to learn how to use my camera so well that not much editing will be needed, that is defniately not where i'm at as of now. I think it will be really cool to get a good shot this weekend that I can print up and hang in my "sanctuary" it will be the first piece on the wall and motivate me to create more.



June 24th, 2010 Office Update
The janitorial crew has finally gotten smart and added automatic air freshner dispensers to the restrooms. This was a VERY good move.

2 comments: