Life, Here we are.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Be my winding wheel.

Bread and Nutella. That's all it takes to start this girls morning right. Mmm Mmm Mmm. Stopped at the always fun walmart last night on the way home from work, kitchen adventures ensued. I made zucchini muffins, guacamummus (a hybrid of hummus and guacamole), and then for dinner I made some simple burritos. We had a huge stack of massive zucchinis from my mother in laws garden. I'm talking county fair, blue ribbon winnin' zucchinis... Huge! She's got a great garden that I am so envious of. I'd love to have a garden some day with lots of fruits and veggies, especially an herb garden. Goal. To go grocery shopping in my own back yard. How lovely that would be. I went off on a tangent. The zucchini muffins were a hit with Taylor and I really enjoyed them too. To do. take a plate of the muffins over to Taylor's mom as a thank you, and to let her know the zucchini's went to a good cause.

The guacamummus was a recipe I found online and was so excited about. I love guacamole, and I love hummus even more; However, I was not a fan of this fusion. I think the recipe called for too much cumin, or my taste buds are just too sensitive to the spice but it was a little overpowering for me. Still pretty tasty, I just don't think I'll make it again. It went well with some tortilla chips and our yummy burritos! The burritos were just simple beef and bean done up enchilada style topped with lots of sour cream and black olives, my favorite. I love cooking and I want to get better at it. I'm thinking i'm better at baking right now, but I can't steal that from my sister. Lisa is a great baker (take a look at our wedding cakes) It's just a fun thing to do when I come home, it really helped me wind down. One thing I need to work on is mess control.



I listened to Ryan Adams Heartbreaker while cooking last night. I love how music makes every activity so much more enjoyable. This album put a little boogie in my step. Love it. Some people probably think this album is "sad" sounding, but most of the songs just make me dance and sing. It's really good.

Today.
I got in a fight with a big truck on the freeway. He threw rocks at my windshield... and won. It wasn't even my car. Long story.

Tomorrow.
Saturday, exploration day. Self exploration and outdoor exploration. Taking the camera to capture the result, will probably melt.

Yesterday.
Felt good to do some home cookin'. Do this more often. Look up fun recipes online and expirment.

3 comments:

  1. I love Ryan Adams with all my Heart! He's so wonderful. Knowing that you are an Adams fan gives me confidence that we will be good friends.

    P.S. This is Alex, John's wife. Just in case you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm following you now. i like what you have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. erin, thanks :) i've been enjoying your blogs for a while now.

    Alex, I'm so excited you have a blog and that you are a Ryan Adams fan. I'm looking forward to becoming good friends too, ive got a good feeling about it. Can't wait for you guys to come to AZ again!

    ReplyDelete