Life, Here we are.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The perks of being a wallflower

So my first post is coming to you from my desk here at work. Surrounded by the deafening silence....papers being shuffled, the air conditioner fighting the heat that this many bodies gives off, mouse clicks, white noise. Every now and then the silence is broken by my thoughts screaming to get out. That's the reason I made this blog. An office job is boring, plain and simple. A lot of people aren't cut out for it. I'm starting to believe I may be one of them. There is one "perk" of having this office job in particular, and that is the mostly unrestricted interenet access. It helps lessen the dullness of the day and sometimes shoots a bit of inspiration into the brain. I'm hoping this blog will help me keep track of those inspiring thoughts, let out the bottled up ones, and provide an outlet for me to form new ones.

Today. June 23rd, 2010. The processing of locations (the main part of my job) is basically completed for the month. This means about 1-2 weeks of a lot of free time. That is, if they don't send us home. They are fickle, and not very smart. Taylor gave me a book to read called Self Matters. A bold and simple statement that I am learning the importance of every single day. It's a Dr.Phil book, which made me laugh. How amazing it is to have a man that encourages me to focus on myself and uncover the beauty and potential that lies beaneath the layers of armor and masks I have put on over the years. He really tries. That is the best part of our relationship. Of course there are the usual loves and hugs and kisses but I think the way that we force eachother to grow each and every day is exactly what I need. We can never seem to do things the easy way the first time around either, but I guess that's why we learn so much.




He's the cutest.

I don't want to try to tackle too much in my first post, though I do have a lot just itching to get out of this head of mine. Projects I want to do, books I want to read, questions I want answered, goals I want to reach. One step at time.... a hard conept for me to grasp.

Tomorrow. June 24th, 2010. A thursday. A new day with new ideas. The day before Friday. Start setting weekend goals.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited you have a blog! :) I still can't believe you are married...it's crazy! On my way to work I drive passed about 4 different college living places(possibly more) and today I was thinking to myself, oh that would be fun for Christa to live there...oh wait, she's married! HAha, funny, I wish you guys lived here! :(
    p.s.
    you are a good writer! ;)

    ReplyDelete